North Shore Community School Student Transportation
North Shore Community School is pleased to announce that the Voyageur Bus Company will be continuing to provide transportation to and from school for all of our students during the school year. Voyageur Bus Company is a full-service school transportation business that has provided 40 years of service to the Duluth Public Schools and surrounding districts in the Twin Ports. We have worked closely with Voyageur to evaluate and reorganize our routes in an effort to meet the needs of our students and assure financial sustainability.
Please have your children at the stop at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
What if I need to make transportation changes?
- In an effort to ensure safety, students will NOT be permitted to ride any other route than the route listed above.
- Students may get off at a different stop on their assigned route if parents/guardians send a note to the school.
- Requests for changes during the school year must be made to the school office three days in advance.
- If your child will not be riding the bus in the morning, call Voyageur at 724-1707 to let them know.
- If your child will not be riding the bus in the afternoon, please send a note to school with your child stating what the change will be (i.e. parent pick-up, Kids & Co) or call office by 2 pm . You do not need to call Voyageur regarding afternoon changes.
Parental support and student understanding of school bus rules helps us ensure a safe ride for every student, every day. You can help us by reviewing the following rules and consequences with your children before the first day of school.
Keep hands/feet to self
Use respectful voice/language
Be respectful of property
Consequences for Misconduct
1st offense - Warning
2nd offense - 3 day suspension from riding the bus
3rd offense - 5 day suspension from riding the bus
4th offense - 10 day suspension from riding the bus
Based on severity of a student's conduct, more serious consequences may be imposed at any time.
If you have questions concerning your child’s transportation arrangements, please contact Kate at 525-0663 ext. 207.